Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Grounded

Basking in the grip of another Indian Summer, I don't think the method of mooring one's yacht at West Bay, shown in the photo, is recommended but it will probably float clear of the reef with the high tide, later later this evening.

With the remarkable good weather, I'm all over the place in the days ahead, between Bournemouth and the Ukraine but with luck and the arrival of the the shock of real Autumn weather, I will be back to normal form again.

I'm delighted we now have Dreamland under public ownership, pending, of course, the results of an appeal later this month and we can only hope that this time next year, we can be talking seriously of the part the amusement park has to play in Margate's regeneration.

There's been a lot of good publicity for Margate in recent weeks and I see that we've even been approached, as a location for the filming of a new twist on the story of Frankenstein, set in the Old Town.

I'm sure there will be no shortage of volunteers to play extras and of course, I can think of several Councillors who might be ideal for the part or should I say parts?

Anyway, I'm sure we'll be hearing more before long!

No comments: