Monday, July 08, 2013

A Brutal Architecture

Dreamland and the Arlington
Two very different photos to share today. The first being the 'brutalist' architecture of Margate seafront and the second speaks for itself.

As you may have guessed, I'm in an experimental photography phase.

It's the time of year when I'm constantly flying, with a ''First4Lawyers' TV advert to shoot this week. Today, is a day off of sorts while I try and catch-up with everything else and in particular, the papers for this coming Thursday's Council meeting.


From the visit recorder on my sidebar, it's clear that either people have lost interest, are on holiday or perhaps both but that's mostly true of most local blogs at this time of year.

If you live in Westgate, then there's a social dance, ballroom Latin and Social Sequence evening at the Community Centre at 7.30pm this Saturday. I will try and drop-in for a brief twirl!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aiprort development plans that might interest you

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little dog,it has'nt been in the news??But i heard of an incident a few weeks ago where a man was beaten and his dog stolen by 3 men,then drove off in Northdown park,were you aware Simon?Also dog attacks seem to be on the increase around thanet(Probably all areas too)It does concern me as my dog is tiny and where once i used to enjoy walking our wonderful beaches and parks,I am now very wary and mindful.Such a shame the law does'nt make all dogs be on leads in the streets,as i am terrified to walk round towns as so many aggresive dogs are off lead...

Simon Moores said...

Sadly, I agree with you. I hadn't heard of the story but why aren't I suprised!

Awful isn't it.

Last week I spoke with a lady in Westgate whose small dog had been attacked by a Staffie while she was walking it. The Tattooed owner took no responsibility and walked off!

Anonymous said...

Yes it is a disgrace,hope it was reported to the dog warden...