Monday, June 03, 2013

Short Intermission

Rather a lot of running-around this week, starting with a trip up to Humberside this morning.

On the train, I see, the journey is anywhere between six and nine hours but my flight plan shows 1:26 minutes. This gives me time to attend the 10am training session at the Council offices and still reach my destination by 2pm with a taxi from the airport.

It makes a difference to have what looks very much like summer weather. Of late I've been flying frequently in late-winter-like conditions and being able to see where I'm going for once will make a pleasant change.

I notice 'Ferrygate' refuses to blow-over, thanks to the foghorn-diplomacy efforts of the now 'Green' Cllr Ian Driver. Can one be 'Green' and 'Red' at the same time? I don't know as this does rather sound like a political stick of rock but where would we be without him or indeed John Worrow, to keep people interested in local politics?



I've a meeting in Cyprus next week and so if anyone would like to lend me something a little bigger and faster, rather like the Pilatus PC12 in this video clip, I'd much prefer that to the delights of Gatwick in June.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not so long ago you Simon were hauled before the standards committee for remarks you made in this blog. Is it not time that both Worrow and Driver were similarly treated for doing what I see as far worse than you ever did?

Surely if Driver is neither red or green then he must be amber which with red means get ready to go, and by itself means changing to red.

Good luck with your trip to Hull and back.

Simon Moores said...

Ahh.. Sober Jack? A fine upstanding example of a dedicated and selfless local Councillor, as I have always insisted.

Anonymous said...

Why would a know-it-all like you need a training session?

Simon Moores said...

Continuing education. Something I have a great belief in!

Paul James said...

Simon, It is unfortunate that Drivers name is attached to this item, because it should not 'blow over'. There are some very serious constitutions matters involved as well as plain common sense.

Anonymous said...

mixing green and red makes brown...perfect match that is appropriate for what that man comes out with!

Anonymous said...

Simon, I see that the boarded up shops at Arlington House have all been painted! A couple of questions: was this done by TDC or Freshwater, and what does this mean regarding future plans for the site?

Anonymous said...

The dis-respect shown by Worrow and Driver in Council meetings towards other councillors is appalling and should certainly not go unpunished. Seems there is one rule for them and another for everyone else. Is it time we all became bi/gay ? Seems to me it is the only way to get away with such behaviour.

James Maskell said...

I wonder if Driver will admit that he is misleading the public over what Overview and Scrutiny decided on TEF? OSP didn't block his request in order to to cover it up. Rather they agreed to wait until after the Cabinet meeting before committing themselves. I believe Pleasurama was treated similarly.

This was made very clear at OSP, as well as being confirmed at the Cabinet meeting for those present by the Chair, Jo Gideon.

Norah Batty said...

Anonymous 8:23 - You know, it amazes me that people like you bother to come on this site just to slag off the blogger. Why do you feel the need to call him a 'know it all' ? Maybe it is because he makes you feel inadequate. Would it not be more grown up to keep your nasty comments to yourself, or better still, don't abuse the 'leave your comment' facility at all.

Anonymous said...

It was meant as a compliment Norah!