Sunday, May 05, 2013

Margate's Golden Sands

Margate Sea Wall May 2013(c) Airads
The Council asked me to take some new photos of Margate seafront, showing the new sea wall and I passed-by at lunchtime on the way back from refulleing at Lydd and another job at Bodiam earlier.

You can see these photos here which also stretch along the coast into Birchington. However, can I be very clear about the licensing please, if only for the benefit of our local paper, who, last month, I billed £50 for 'borrowing' one of my older photos of Margate Football Club. I've asked the editor to send me a charity donation made out to the RSPCA as this isn't the first time and my goodwill is wavering.

Margate Harbour 2013 (c) Airads
To share the sights of our wonderful island, I do make my photos available to Thanet Life readers under a non-commercial, attribution basis. So you can view them, download them and share them with friends but if you wish to reproduce, publish or sell them, then you would be in breach of my copyright and you would need my permission as I also sell my photos as part of my business.

You can always find the full photo library on the sidebar links of this weblog, so enjoy the ride as you can play them as a screenshow too. I warn you though, there are now over 500 photos of Thanet from the Air and the small book of photos is still available, I suspect, from Michael's Bookshop

10 comments:

Col said...

Many thanks Simon. Maybe next fine day with time to spare ... a similar update from Turner to Palm Bay [and beyond]
Thanks again.
Colin

Anonymous said...

Those steps look fantastic, both from a distance and up close!

Anonymous said...

Great photos Simon...wondered if it was you flying over! Think you might be a bit ahead of yourself though. May 2014?

Simon Moores said...

Oops ..thanks

Anonymous said...

Seems to be a common thing to 'borrow' photos - found a couple of mine in the past in the Kent on Sunday just by chance !!

Anonymous said...

Some of Ramsgate would be nice so we can compare and contrast.

Simon Moores said...

There are lots if you look in the same place. Ramsgate isn't so easy as it lies right in front of Manston's runway and ATC aren't always that keen on my floating about in front of the harbour.

Michael Child said...

Simon there is some rather unusual demolition activity on the Pfizer site, massive heaps of what looks like scrap metal or scrap plastic piled against buildings that look nearly new, would make some unusual photos I think.

Simon Moores said...

Thanks .If I go that way I'll look but I'm not going to waste £90 of fuel out of curiosity!

Michael Child said...

It looked pretty astonishing from the car Simon, but don’t take my word for it, the higher vantage point of your motorbike and a smaller fuel investment should do the trick.

The incongruity of the new looking buildings with rubbish three or four stories high against them ought to produce some saleable pictures, I don’t think I have ever seen anything quite like it.