Monday, December 24, 2012

Elf Service

Cindy and Paul
I've been casting around all day, in miserable weather, for the perfect Christmas Eve photograph for this weblog and had given-up, that is until I was sent on a mission to the Co-Op for milk, bread, beans and bananas; no expense spared for Christmas Day lunch in my house.

At the supermarket, I spotted the perfect Christmas photo opportunity, catching Santa and one of his delightful elves inspecting the half price offers on the Xmas spirits aisle. As is ever the case, I wasn't carrying my grown-up camera, so once again, my iPhone had to do.

Without a doubt and if you shop in Westgate, you'll know that Paul is the most outrageously cheerful Santa that one could possibly imagine and even Scrooge himself has been know to smile when Paul is behind the cash register.

I 'Tweeted' earlier, that at times, Christmas feels like something we endure, rather than enjoy; a sentiment that appears to have picked-up a number of sympathetic re-tweets. It is however a very special time for everyone and in particular the younger members of the community and I'll make one last effort to read the traditional 'Night before Christmas' to my daughter, before she turns eighteen in two weeks. I might have trouble catching her however.

Whether I'll have the time, energy or indeed the enthusiasm to write over the remainder of this week, I don't know but I would like to wish each and every one of my readers a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Simon. May I take the opportunity of wishing you also a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to come for one anonymous poster if not all.