Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Reindeer Wanted

Out to Kemble aerodrome from a very wild, wet and cold Manston and then over to Swindon today, for a "Happy 50th Birthday" message for Vicki from husband, John.

Quite awkward and blustery winter conditions, meant several attempts to collect the banner on my part and getting the job done involved rather more luck than judgement as you'll see from the video.

This was the first outing for the new GoPro Hero 3 camera on the wing and it obviously works quite well, although it slipped down slighty during the flight and will have to be tightened next time.

The plan is to use two cameras in future with different views of the action.

Don't forget the Westgate annual fun day this coming Sunday! I've a lunchtime stunt to fly over a football game further north but hope to be back just as it gets dark and the lights come on.

Tomorrow, I've a 1,000 square foot Father Christmas and reindeer to fly over Hastings at dusk, around a searchlight I'm told and I'm thinking it would look rather nice over Westwood Cross as well.

Good news is that plans are well advanced for the return of a Manston airshow in June of 2013. Cllr Alasdair Bruce and I met with the organiser, Sq Ldr Angie Sutton last week and I'm really hoping that this will receive the support it deserves to make it a fabulous event at the airport. Watch this space and I will keep you informed!


1 comment:

John Holyer said...

I enjoyed that video.