Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Goodbye - Hello Thanet Times

Michael Child reports the demise of The Thanet Times over on his weblog this morning, and the writing has been on the wall - see opposite - for a long time, as the internet steadily overtakes the popularity of local printed media and advertising revenues.

That said, I've rescued the top-level domain, www.thanettimes.com and after a short period of virtual mourning for the title, that first started in 1896, The Thanet Times will be resurrected here with perhaps a new look to match.

Moving-on, I'm sure all my readers are waiting for Ed Miliband's conference speech today, as the Labour leader seeks to show that he is indeed Prime Ministerial material and a better choice than his better-looking big brother and not simply a character from Wallace and Grommit's 'The Wrong Trousers.'

5 comments:

Michael Child said...

Glad to hear you will be relaunching a web version of The Thanet Times Simon, will you also be reviving their page 3?

Simon Moores said...

There's a thought! It could be a collaborative effort with Naked in Thanet...

I'm not John Worrow said...

Off Topic Again!

I over heard someone saying KLM maybe flying out of Manston.

Have I mis heard?

I'm not John Worrow said...

Damn, just found the consultation on the Manston website.

http://www.manstonairport.com/news-and-events/klm-manston.html

As a Thanet resident, I knew nothing about it. I wonder how many others dont know anything about it. Thought it would of atleast made it into the local newspaper or maybe the Thanet Council website.

May even influence the night flying thingy debate again.

I'm not John Worrow said...

Doh!

Just found this weeks Thanet Extra in the porch this morning. It's on page 2.