Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Torch at Westgate

I'm posting this from Wolverhampton but here's a picture to remember the Olympic Torch by.

A very impressive turn-out along the route I thought. In the end I decided not to join the VIP's at the Ursuline and found a comfortable spot with the crowds and Bill Parr's Taiko drummers outside Westgate library.

Tomorrow morning I have Thanet pilot, John Waller flying a banner from Medway Council to welcome the Torch to Rochester at 8am while I fly a Heart FM breakfast show up at Birmingham, before heading off to Southampton and then Brighton for another job.



5 comments:

Lorraine H said...

WHAT DO YOU MEAN SIMON YOU WERE WITH THE VIP'S

simon moores said...

Yes of course I was or was that PVI's?

Anonymous said...

Hi Simon, did you by any chance get a photo of the drummers as the torch was passing - I was unable to do so, thanks

simon moores said...

This is all I have I'm afraid!

Anonymous said...

Thankyou for the photo of Bill Parr and the drums