Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Thanet Olympic Torch Relay Information

Having finally arrived home, having been stuck on a train from London, thanks to a lightning strike on signalling points, I see I have some questions about the Olympic Torch route through Thanet.

To make life a little easier for people, I have uploaded the council information as a PDF document you can access and download.

The official lunchtime stop-over for the Torch will be at the Ursuline College in Westgate, before it heads out towards Canterbury, so if you are planning to drive in and out of Thanet, 'Beware.'

The crowds at Victoria and on the Underground were pretty awful today, even past the rush hour and it looks as if the tourists are arriving, 'en masse', as predicted.

7 comments:

Michael Child said...

Bit of a disparity between the route shown on the map, in the pdf, through Ramsgate and the streets listed or for that matter the official Olympic route map, Simon.

I do sometimes wonder if some council officers have ever visited Ramsgate, they evidently don’t know where Harbour Street and King Street actually are.

Anyway I should warn people that if they line the route shown on this map, within Ramsgate, about a third of them will miss the torch procession altogether.

simon moores said...

Best report it to Iris as she appears to be in charge of everything these days...

Ironically Medway have asked me to support their torch procession but not Thanet

Michael Child said...

I’ve done a blog post with the two maps, the council’s and the one on The Olympic Games website so I guess they will notice.

Perhaps I should make one of my vexatious complaints to the council, what do you think?

simon moores said...

Why not... Along the lines of TDC loses Ramsgate... Again...

I'm not John Worrow said...

Looking at that Map, Westgate on Sea is actually in Westbrook.

rofl

Tim Clark said...

That can't be right Simon. Everyone knows that now that Lyebor are in charge Ramsgate has been removed from the TDC list of places to be spiteful to.

Tom Clarke said...

And replaced with Broadstairs, Tim.