Thursday, May 31, 2012

Conduct Unbecoming

In the light of this morning's news, now on the BBC and which will feature on the local news bulletin this evening, Cllr Bob Bayford, the Leader of Thanet's Conservative Group, has moved quickly to issue the following statement:

"It has come to my attention that Cllr Ken Gregory has received a police caution for an offence against another Council member. The TDC Conservative Group demands the highest standards of conduct from its members and I have decided to suspend group membership from Cllr Gregory with immediate effect, pending further consideration of the situation. For the time being, I will assume responsibility for shadowing the Housing and Planning portfolio."

I'm rarely lost for words on any subject but on this occasion readers may also understand why it is inappropriate for me to host comments here but I'm sure there will be ample opportunity for debate on the other popular Thanet weblogs.