Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Absent-mindedly managed to mix up a homegrown live red chili with a red pepper this evening and munched on the wrong one. Not a mistake I plan to repeat in a hurry! Reminds me of the time many years ago when my poor father confused my tube of deep heat ointment in the bathroom with a similar-looking tube of red and white Colgate. The scream could be heard for miles.

I was out at Northampton today and in the descent towards Kent this afternoon, the inversion caused by the high temperatures really stood-out as a purple layer of smog drifting down the Thames estuary from a city of London almost hidden completely in the thick haze.

If the temperatures continue to build as predicted over the coming days, I would expect one heck of a thunderstorm unless the wind changes direction dramatically.

Thursday morning sees me out over Essex again playing hunt the scrap metal caches with a suitably powerful camera lens. I suspect that if I gave readers a map of the county and a few flagged pins, they could take a pretty educated guess as to the route.

I thought I might add something about local politics and the council but as other blogs are quite happily indulging their own fantasies in this direction,  I would hate to spoil the fun and to be honest I could do with an early night for a change.

No comments: