Thursday, April 28, 2011

Wedding Time

I've a flying job over Docklands to do later today. Apparently the weather is rather better towards London than it is here in Thanet and I'm looking forward to punching through the low cloud into the bright sunlight above a couple of minutes after take-off.

As the world grinds to a halt in anticipation of the Royal Wedding tomorrow, I wonder what inspires these hardy souls to camp-out for a good spot in front of the palace or Westminster Abbey for a sight of the happy couple. I'm sure that like Wimbledon fortnight there must be a great atmosphere but I think that like many millions of others I will probably watch selected parts of the ceremony from the comfort of my own living room.

Yesterday, I was asked if I had a Union Jack that the airship could borrow but no such luck. The Ministry of Defense has one, I know, because I flew it for them over central London for a previous Armed Forces Day, but that disappeared back into Whitehall, never to see the light of day again!

The debate over the football club continues to rage in the earlier posts. I really would invite the club's fans to read what I've written rather than believe opinion presented as fact.

I'm sure everyone involved is searching hard for a practical solution and quite frankly, it's not a matter of politics but simply a planning matter surrounding a hotel development on public land. As a consequence, it's relatively complex matter which is being handled absolutely properly by council officers given the nature of public interest that surrounds it.

So contrary to several unkind allegations I've read on the fans' forum, I can assure readers that I'm not 'Bent' and neither am I in receipt of any brown envelopes; although from whom and for what purpose I can't possibly fathom.

I have every reason to believe that the Fans Forum is being manipulated for political and personal reasons. Of particular interest is 'Blue Toffee' who joined on 26th April. He invariably writes in the middle of the night and early in the morning and while claiming not to be 'obsessed' with me in any way you will notice he has one and only one subject of interest. I would urge fans to compare him and his style, with another mischievous and frequently malicious character who has appeared regularly on all the other local weblogs over the last four years with the same narrow interest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blue Toffee is also know as Wellsie, who is the main man on MFC forum.